Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bronchitis and a birthday...

So...I am finally feeling better and have fully recovered. Last week I came down with a nasty case of bronchitis. I seem to get it once a year. This year, I recognized the signs early and went as soon as I could to get some antibiotics. As seems to be my luck, me getting sick came at the exact same time Pete would be gone. My poor hubby had to leave with me bending over the toilet having a violent reaction to my super strong antibiotics! That's a good-bye he certainly won't forget for a while!!!! Luckily for me, Pres seemed quite content hanging out on the bathroom floor. We spent almost all of last Saturday there.

Motherhood continues to bring me some of the most ridiculous moments. Never in a million years would vomiting be a funny situation for me, but add in a seven month old who is sucking on a hair brush and trying to stand up on the toilet I am bending over, and you definitely move in to the ridiculous category!!!!!

Below is a pic of me on Monday morning after Pete had come home. It was a ROUGH weekend, and I think my pale face (and Pete's old boxers) explains it more than I ever could!!!!



This weekend has gone much more smoothly! I am fully recovered (a couple of pounds lighter) and we had a great time hanging out at the mall shopping for my birthday! Pres is FINALLY over his hatred of the car, so these excursions are tons of fun. Pete had a blast while Pres flirted his way with every young sales associate as I was trying on clothes. I think I was cramping their style just a little bit! It's much easier to get your flirt on without your wife and mom there!!!!! Here's a shout out to the lonely men out there...get a baby with big blue eyes, and the women come by the dozens!!!! I had a great birthday so thank you my wonderful family!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ha! Pres is SO cute.

Happy Birthday- forgot to say that.