Monday, June 8, 2009

The last "pre-baby" baby update!

I went in to the doctor today and was happy to know that I am finally starting to show some progress! I am at 3 cm. They scheduled the induction for 5 am Friday morning at the Southeast Alabama Medical Center. I will be at 42 weeks then and my doctor thinks that its the safest thing for me and baby to go ahead and induce. Apparentely, I'm not so good at "doing my part" and starting this labor process on my own. My OB today did some stretching to hopefully speed up the natural process and I am going back on Thursday for more of the same with the OB and then on to handle to induction paperwork. They are really hoping that I just naturally go into active labor before Friday.

I am SO over being pregnant at this point and am seeing that the medical necessity of the early delivery last time had some positives to it! I have no room in my belly at all and bending down is basically impossible at this point. Ashlyn has had a huge growth spurt in the last week and my doc informed me that she was going to be a big girl. Yikes...Pres had a huge head but was only 6 pounds 8 ounces...let us just hope that she does not end up with the Dean head like her daddy and brother have...if so...I will deserve a medal for delivering her naturally!!!!!

Preston is starting to notice that something is going on. He is constantly asking me if I am okay and is being very sweet with me. I am moving around slowly these days and he seems to not care at all that I am sitting down when we play outside. He happily rides his bike in circles around me and giggles when I get him with my feet. I couldn't ask for a sweeter boy and between he and Pete, I am being quite spoiled right now. Preston has even taken to rubbing my toes when Pete rubs my feet! My boys rock and poor Ashlyn will be spoiled rotten between the two of them!

The next update will be from the hospital! Whoo-hoo!!!!!!!

4 comments:

chrissy said...

Yeah!!! I can't wait to see her!!

Keitha said...

Can't wait to see pictures! Good luck and I'll have you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Yay! I hope something happens before Friday. Let me know if yall need ANYTHING. I cant wait!

benjity said...

I can't wait to see her - to see you!! Friday is almost here!! I can't believe we haven't talked in so long!
I promise to call before Friday, and to be praying for you always.
I am jealous too - foot rubs??? don't remember the last time I got one of those!
I love you