Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A great weekend...

The sun was FINALLY shining and the temperature was nice and hot (and crazy humid, but we'll focus on the good!). We had a great weekend as a family of three. We are trying to take advantage of these last days before the lack of sleep and new routine make us all a little crazy for a while. With my new camera in tow, we spent time washing cars, cleaning out the garage, and lots of other last minute projects. We also had a wonderful home cooked Thai meal courtesy of the best neighbor anyone could ask for...seriously...we are so blessed to have this wonderful group of people here in Alabama and the fact that one happens to live next door with three young boys for Pres to play with is just icing on the cake!

Here are some pictures from my fun new camera!

First things first, living a little out in the middle of nowhere brings about lots of funny animals. We came home on Friday to this turtle making his way into our garage! I called next door so that her boys could see and I'm pretty sure that turtle put the word out to STAY AWAY from our part of the neighborhood. We have four over zealous little boys (five if you count Pete) that are all trying to out man each other for how gutsy they can be with any creature!






While Pete and I were washing cars, Pres went back and forth between "helping" with the cars and playing in the water table.






The next day, we had been working on finishing up the yard project I made Chrissy do! It was such a hot day that after the work was done, we had fun with sidewalk paint, shaving cream, and the hose! I love that Pete is always up for whatever crazy, fun idea I have for Pres! My best childhood memories are of my parents letting us be silly and I hope the my kiddos can have the same smiles and continue on with the next generation the tradition that no task is too important and no hair day is good enough to be too concerned with having messy fun!







Last but not least, play time inside. Pres walking around in my winter boots is the funniest thing! He is such a skinny minny and the boots seem to really make it stand out!



A big thank you to my boys for making it such a nice time. I enjoyed every minute (even having dried shaving cream paint in my hair!)

5 comments:

Keitha said...

I love the boots!!!! You can still see some baby in him in that picture.

Jackie in Denver, :D said...

looks like you guys had a great time, :D.

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend! I thought maybe you were having a baby since I hadn't heard from you in DAYS :P

chrissy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! The pictures look great! Say hi to the turtle for me;)

Grandma said...

Life is so grand!!! I miss those times with my girls. Glad my daughters can have them. I love thae boots picture too!!