Thursday, May 28, 2009

What feels like the millionth baby update!!!!

I went to the OB today. Everything is still great (fluid and heart rate) so it is just a waiting game now. I did test positive for the strep thing so I will have to receive antibiotics during labor, but that is pretty common. I really enjoyed the description of the virus I got from the doc. It goes like this and remember that he has a British/South African accent..."you know how the British colonized the Americas? They didn't really belong there, but they took it anyways. That is what this step B is, it doesn't belong there but has colonized your vagina." Oh my! He cracks me up. I didn't know that my vagina could be colonized! I bet his nurses could write a whole book about his funny descriptions. He also said to me today that he is "just waiting for me to do my part and go into labor." HA! If only I could snap my fingers and get this process started. I told him that I was working on it!

On a more serious note, for any of you that are new to the Wiregrass area and in need of a good OB/GYN, I would highly recommend the Women's Medical Center. All of the doctors and nurses are just fantastic and they run a tight ship. They are also connected to the Southeast Alabama Medical Center, and the Women's Center there is just awesome (hello-jacuzzi tub in your LDR room!)

3 comments:

Keitha said...

I have no words...ummmmm...

Hurry up and have that baby so we can see pictures!

Melissa said...

LOL! Your doc sounds fun!! Now go on and "do your part" and call me and Megan when it's time to toast.

chrissy said...

Thats pretty funny! I like a doctor with a sense of humor.