Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chrissy's Visit

Chrissy finally made it home last night after a one day delay. I owe her big time for putting up with small town airports!!!!! Anyways...we had a great time. It's amazing how quickly the time goes. It felt like she was only here for a quick visit when in fact it ended up being 11 days! We spent our days extremely busy and yet not really doing too much. I was able to play with Asher and watch Chrissy play with Preston. In short (and because my time with her is special and I'll keep it in my heart) we stayed up too late talking at night, had lots of yummy dinners, did a lawn project (owe her big for that one too!), and got acquainted with each others' kiddos!

Thank you so much for coming Chrissy and give that big 'ole hubby of yours a hug for me for missing you and Asher for 11 days! (Also Ry...Riverwood or bust my friend...this time was like a big teaser for what could be!)

Here are some pictures of the visit. We didn't take too many because we really just spend our time enjoying the moments instead of worrying about capturing them.


Perhaps another future rock star in the making?!

Preston deciding he wants to be the baby for a bit!

The "high chair posse"...these boys get to grow up together and now I have pictures to embarrass them with in their teenage years!

Pete was able to spend two days with them as well! Asher was in full missing daddy mode and was glad to have a scratchy face in the house! This picture is so near and dear to me because Asher's expression is so much like his daddy's! I have a picture of Pete and Ryan coming home from Afghanistan and you could substitute Asher for Ryan...it's amazing!


A BIG P.S. We did one more thing while Chrissy was here with Preston...the big reveal as to what it was is coming later in the week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad she was able to come out! I'm sorry I never made it over. I feel like T's week gone flew by. L's schedule has me busy and its my fault! No more preschool next week though!

Keitha said...

Glad you had a nice visit! Surprise...and what's new on the baby front??????????

Grandma said...

Thanks for sharing your week with mom and dad!! Would love to have seen Chrissy in one of those pictures. Mom

April Elizabeth said...

Megan-no worries...it's great that the time goes fast!

Mom-ha about the pictures. It would have been nice to get one of the four of us but I didn't even think about it!

Chrissy said...

THANK YOU APRIL!! We had such an amazing visit! If Ryan was with us I wouldn't have wanted to come home. Thank you for making the visit so fun and special!!

Grandma said...

I wasn't complaining!! Pete looks great.