Saturday, October 20, 2007

While daddy's away...

...Pres and mommy will play, and play, and play!!!! This "tester" week with Pete being gone has been quite the adventure. It began with my son deciding that he will no longer sleep more than one hour at a time at night, and ended with a very happy wife to see her husband come home (even for only five days) so that I could SLEEP!!!!

Pete came home from Georgia on Friday evening. I don't think I have ever been more happy to see him. I was so excited for bed!!!! My wonderful hubby let me sleep (sort of, he let me stay in bed, but made sure I knew every time he got up) while he got up almost every couple of hours with our son. I'm sure while he was gone this past week, he thought I was exaggerating the whole nighttime situation. Needless to say, he found out the hard way that I was only giving him the cold, hard and very sleepless facts!

Luckily for me, even though Pres was an absolutely terrible sleeper, he was still happy during the day. The two of us had lots of fun this week. I've had to raise the jumper another 4 inches to keep up with his height and he now is really starting to enjoy being in it for longer periods of time. He also likes to be in his swing! We thought that would never happen with the way he screamed for the first three months any time you even went near it! He loves to laugh and will find any excuse to do so. His favorite activity is to sit in his chair and "chat" with me. I'll read books, sing songs, and do his flash cards all the while he is making faces and noises at me. He LOVES music! It's really amazing to me how much he lights up when songs come on. His favorite song is "I've Been Working on the Railroad". It never fails to calm him down when he gets cranky and is an after bath favorite as he hates to get dressed so much. He loves to dance with you as well. I'll put music on and we'll spin around and around the house. He squeals and laughs with delight. It is becoming one of the highlights of my day. He'll hold my hand and we'll "get jiggy wit it". (So glad to be alone during these times as I can NOT dance!) He's also started to follow me around with his eyes and sticks out his lower lip if he can't see me. When Pete came home Friday, Pres went right to him and buried his face in Pete's shoulder. It brought tears to my eyes to see how much he missed his daddy. Those two have such a sweet bond. Pres will sit in Pete's lap (a rarity for him to sit calmly) and listen to Jazz and Big Band music.

Come Thursday, I go back to being a single mom for the next two months. It is sure to be interesting and exhausting all at the same time. Hopefully he will resume his normal sleep schedule soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some serious baby bonding! We would love to see you. Come on up if you get cabin fever. His cousins would love to play with him - and let me tell you...he would get some serious sleep after playing with them all day! Hope to see you soon! Thanksgiving?