Wednesday, October 31, 2007

teething, scooting, and not sleeping, oh my...




...Pres had his four month check up (and shots) and his stats are as follows:
15.5 lbs
24 inches long
16 inches around for his head!!! (definitely a Dean)

He is cutting four teeth and we are certainly feeling the effects. The constant drool is just disgusting (maybe as a mother I shouldn't say that, but it is), and the only thing worse than the drool is the discomfort he feels. My poor angel will have a good day, then a VERY bad day. On his bad teeth day, he is so uncomfortable that he can't sleep. I've tried chew toys, ice filled washclothes, tylenol, my finger, dishtowels, toothbrush etc, etc...and it all falls short. My motto for these days is "it can only get better!" On his good days, he is tons of fun. He loves to play on his mats and be in his jumper. He'll go for 10-15 min playing by himself now and it gives me some time to sit and relax (really to throw in a load of laundry and sweep)! His favorite activity the past couple of days has been making faces at himself in the mirror. This is hilarious!!!! He finds himself to be just fascinating (again, definitely a Dean)! It amuses me to no end!

The scooting is very amusing as well. He has decided that it is much easier to get around on his back. I will put him on his tummy, and he will roll over onto his back. He will proceed to fling his feet around until he gets enough of a rhythm going to move. Unfortunately for him, this basically only allows him to move around in a cirle much to his displeasure. I am trying to get this on video, but it is hard because as I mentioned earlier he is fascinated with himself and when I am taping him, he can see himself in the lens and then will stop whatever he is doing to smile at his reflection!!!!!

In closing, I would like to send some special thank you's to some special women who have been my saving grace during the past week.

Mom-thank you for coming over and talking with me!!!
Chrissy- can't even put it into words!
Ab- I hope I haven't scared you too much about this baby thing :)
Jax- hugs and kisses
Lydia- thank for letting me know that it is okay to not like motherhood all of the time!!!!

I love and miss you Petard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww!! Thanks! Love the updates. And hey, if your not going to get any sleep atleast you look great while doing it! Pres is getting so big! I can't wait to meet him. Hurry up and sell your house! Miss ya!!

April Elizabeth said...

Miss you too my wonderful friend! I am trying!!!! I don't want to miss you preggo!!!!