Sunday, December 23, 2007

6 months

Yeah my beautiful baby boy! You have made it through half of a year with your silly patents!!!!!!!!!! You have grown so much! You are such an independant little booger! You love to have your "tummy time" and play on the floor with whatever you can fit in your mouth. You also love when someone is helping you stand up and you grunt and stand on your tippy toes to let us know how big you are! You love the kitties (although they don't like you very much) and you really are starting to be aware of what is going on. Feeding you food has been a blast. So far, the only thing you hate is squash. Your poor face as mommy tried to have you eat it. You kept looking at me as if to say "where are the yummy sweet potatoes?". You are ALL business about your food. No airplane or here comes the choo-choo playing with you. You sit in your high chair and wiggle your arms and legs (it melts my heart) as you open your mouth for me to put the spoon in. If I don't get it fast enough, you give me a little grunt to let me know that I am not giving you the food as fast as you would like (again, it melts my heart!). You are becoming such a little man, and I am so proud of you! Your smile makes the whole world light up for those who see it! Your eyes seem to draw A LOT of attention (even when you wish they didn't). When your daddy comes home from work, you pretend to be shy and carefully turn around and smile at him. When you see your gramma Crotty, you giggle and giggle. Most importantly to me, when you see your momma, you little face lights up!!!! It is such a blessing to me to see that special smile that you give me. You my angel, make it all worth it! Any time I see those beautiful dimples, I am reminded why I spend my days with you (even though the "world" seems to think I am wasting my time). I know that me being there with you, is going to make such a difference for you! I am truly blessed to be your mommy! You just had your 6 month check up and you were so cute. You little picky imp decided to be charming and allowed the nurse to carry you around and introduce you to everyone. It shocked me to see you so friendly!!! You giggled at the doc, and made her laugh!!! She was so taken with you!! You certainly know when to turn it on!! Your stats were as follows:

17.1 lbs
26.5 inches
16 inches around in the head (thank the Lord that you didn't get any bigger!)
You are right where you should be!!!!

As we approach the holidays, I hope you are listening as I read the story of the baby Jesus! My biggest hope for you is that you will accept the truth that is the birth of OUR SAVIOR, Jesus Christ!!!!

No comments: