Tuesday, February 23, 2010

UGH...I'm 30...UGH!!!!

I can't believe that my 20's are finally behind me! In fact, I can't believe that I am a stay at home mother to two young children and I live in Alabama! If I had heard this about someone in my younger years I would have pitied them!!!!! HA! I would have even felt sorry for them! HOWEVER...it states nothing of the reality. The reality is that my husband proudly serves his country and is gone A LOT! This means that someone needs to be home consistently for our two beautiful blessings. This leaves me.I couldn't be any more content with my life. In fact, I LOVE my life. I have a wonderful husband (most of the time), two amazing kids (all of the time), and great friends and family to support me along the way! I occasionally have my "woe is me" moments but there is always someone to remind me. I got a little "reminer" from my sweet friend Jodi this weekend "April, you are OLD...you will never wear junior size jeans again because you have had TWO babies and it shouldn't matter." HA, HA, HA...if only my hips would be like they were when I was 20!!!!!

Pete was gone for my birthday...I know...surprise, surprise...so I spent the day with my amazing friends here in lower Alabama! Amy, Jodi, and I met at Mickey D's for a lunch with all of the kiddos. Between the three of us we had 8 kids! It was a wonderful time and a nice distraction for the afternoon! In the evening, Jodi, made me a home made Thai dinner complete with a wonderful dessert and candles! It was so surprising and sweet! I hardly missed Pete at all (well...I missed him a little bit!).

Once Pete returned home, the girls and I made plans to have a "girls night out"! We went into the big city Dothan(ha, ha, ha...I just said "big city" about Dothan). We had pedicures, a great Thai dinner (can you tell I like Thai food?!), and ended the night at the book store. To my GREAT delight they are all book nerds like myself!!!!!!!

In all, I met my 30th year in a great way. Thank you to everyone for making it such a wonderful celebration!


For those of you wondering what Pete did for me for my birthday...here ya go...

not his best...

sigh...

yep...that's an index card...

three days late...

but I did get wonderful flowers for V-day!



See the little arrow after the message?! There was more on the back, but it only went downhill from there! At least there's only room for improvement for next year!!!!


P.S. Here's what 30 looks like!

5 comments:

amy jo said...

being young at heart is all that matters! you are so sweet and although I've only just gotten to know you, I have learned so much from you! You are such an encouragement and a already a wonderful friend!

Keitha said...

30 looks good on ya! LOL about the card!

Unknown said...

I think you look awesome! Wish I could have been there

'Cross the Pond said...

You don't look a day over 21! Things get much more interesting in your 30's!

Katie said...

You're so cute! Happy Birthday (late.) I love what your friend said about junior jeans. I think I'll take that one to heart. Oh and guess what... I'm pregnant.