Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Second Birthday Baby Boy!

On June 21st, Pres turned two years old! I can hardly believe it! I'm a little late in posting but it has been a crazy two weeks adjusting to having two little ones in the house! We will be celebrating his birthday with a party on July 11th.

Pres is such a big boy in some ways that when I look at him, it makes me a little sad. I am slowly losing my baby boy in a lot of ways, but luckily he still likes to snuggle with his mommy! He's so independent and wants to do EVERYTHING on his own! He is talking in full sentences and knows all of his colors, numbers 1-15, and the alphabet (although he is awful stingy in saying that one!) He is also picking up Spanish very quickly and it never fails to make me laugh as he will grab Pete's hand and go "vamanos daddy, vamanos" (let's go daddy, let's go) when he wants Pete to take him outside. He has learned to put on and take off his Crocs or "crockies" as he calls them (thanks Dad, he learned that from you!) and will always proudly announce when he has done either one.

Pres and Pete are such good buddies now. They play and laugh and have a great time together. I'm not sure all they do outside, but they both come back in dirty, sweaty, and smelly from their fun.

He is being such a good big brother that Pete and I are amazed. We knew he was a secret softy underneath all of that boyness, but it took Ashlyn to bring it out. He will come up to her and give her head a gentle kiss all throughout the day. He also gets upset with me when I give her a bath because he thinks that she is hurt because she screams so loud. The whole time I am bathing her, Pres is tugging on my shirt telling me "NO MOMMY".

There is so much more, but those are the highlights of the things I do not want to forget. I'll end this with a little personal note to my big boy.

"Pres- Mommy and Daddy love you so much. You have come into our world and made it so much better. Life is more colorful and interesting being able to see it through your big blue eyes. I hope you always are as willful and strong as you are now. You, my bubba, will change the world!"


Photobucket

2 comments:

Grandma said...

So happy to have been a part of his early year. He is extremely special and we love him so much!!!! Mom and Grandpa

Keitha said...

Happy Birthday Preston! He looks so big!