Friday, October 17, 2008

First Doc appointment and moving day

Yesterday I had my first official doctor's appointment with my OB. They always start off the same...me having to pee in a cup and then getting my vitals taken. I HATE having my vitals taken. It's always scary to see what the heart rate will be. I had been hoping and praying that my heart rate would be fine. After all, with Preston I didn't have any trouble until my fifth month. I wasn't so lucky this time around. My heart rate in my first trimester is at 142! That's almost double what it should be right now. They had me lie down and rest and took it two more times. It was the same both times. This lead to a quick shuffle out of there as my OB is not the high risk doctor. His staff made appointments for me this Thursday with the Cardiologist and on the 29th with the high risk OB, Dr. Almalt.

On my way home I just burst into tears. It's scary that it is already so high and means that I already have to take it easy. This is basically an impossible task with a move this week and a very active 15 month old. I'm not sure how any of this is going to work. I am going to have to fight TRICARE tooth and nail to make sure that in Alabama I have the same quality care. The problem is that since I am near a military post, I technically have to see the OB there. NOT GOOD, OVER MY DEAD BODY, NEVER...in case you can't tell, I have little if any faith in the post doctors. They are typically straight out of their residency and I have no desire to be some jackass’s learning curve. Please join us in prayer that it all works out and that my doctors here can help me find the same in Alabama. The stakes are just too high this time. My life and my baby's life are on the line again, plus my sweet baby boy needs his mommy! I almost didn't survive my first delivery and I had the best of the best in high risk OB's. I don't even want to think about what could happen with some second rate hack.

As you can tell I am waaaay over emotional right now and my preggo hormones are working against me as I am overwhelmed with everything going on right now.

On a bright note, the move is going well...or at least well compared to the news we got yesterday. Our renter will move in on Friday and we are working hard to make sure that the place is ready. The dryer broke so we had to buy a new one and then go through the installation and take out of the old one! Pete also stepped off the beam in the attic and put a small crack in the bathroom ceiling that needs to be fixed. So much to do and not a lot of time to do it in!

I'm off to do more packing. This will be my last post written from Villa Lane! Good-bye sweet little house and thank you for the memories!

4 comments:

benjity said...

Hi there! Thanks for always commenting in love on my blog! I post there lots of times, just for your input!
I love you! How's the move coming?

Unknown said...

I have no real experience but I know most of the girls here that are preggo or were go/went to Flowers hospital in Dothan and loved it. And when I requested a Dr here from Tricare they gave me a guy off post in Ozark.

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers! Call me anytime to talk. Its always sad to move, but so exciting to get too a new place!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all moved! Keep us updated on you and the new baby!