Saturday, October 11, 2008

Piggly Wiggly, Cotton Fields, and a sign that read "Sausage Breakfasts is here again"...

...Sweet Home Alabama!!! Greetings bloggy world from Enterprise, Alabama. Pete and I are up here this weekend to find a home. It was an adventurous trip with everything from a blown tire to the house we had driven up to see having already been rented!

We left last night at about 7pm EST and got into town about 2am CST. It was a long trip, but my baby boy was good. He didn't sleep much with all of the excitement of the trucks and tire exploding, but he was good. We checked into our room and all fell fast asleep. I got up to go to the bathroom at about 5am CST and I heard Pete talking. I assumed that Pres had woken up and was surprised when he handed me the phone. It was Chrissy letting me know that she was in labor!!!!!!! Sweet baby Asher was born at 5am AZ time this morning and is absolutely beautiful. My kick booty friend had a completely natural birth! Go Chrissy!!!!! After all of this excitement I was awake, so I played the waiting game for my boys to wake up. We got up this morning and headed out to look at houses. It was a big pain in the neck with everything from lost appointments to losing our rental. We finally found a cute little house in the nearby town of New Brockton. Now it's the waiting game to see if we get the house- competition up here for rentals is fierce!

The move is coming up quickly and it looks as if we'll be in Alabama in November. It's your typical military town with lots of pawn shops, Chinese buffets, and barber shops by the dozen! The cotton fields are just beautiful! I told Pete when we saw them that now I really feel like a southerner!

We spent some time on post today and it too is like all of the others. Lots of woods, slow speed limit, and bald men everywhere! It's fire safety month and the Fort Rucker fire department was at the Exchange with their big truck, balloons and plastic fire hats! Needless to say, Pres was in heaven!

We are back at the hotel now and Pres is finally napping. I should take a snooze myself, so I'll end this post here!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome! For the weekend anyway. We just bought a house right behind the piggly wiggly. Are you using a realtor? We used Judy Poss at Century 21 and she went above and beyond for us. LOVED her! Let me know if you need anything or have any questions. I'm still fairly new but might be useful :P

Anonymous said...

I love it, "lots of bald men everywhere"! Glad to see you made it there safely!

Anonymous said...

hey, April
be sure to send me ur new address when u guys move so I can send u guys a Christmas card, :D.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had so much fun! I can't wait to visit~

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a real cotton field...there's not too many here in Cali! LOL! Glad you had a safe trip!