Friday, October 3, 2008

Our Week in Pictures

SUNDAY
Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Pres had a wonderful time playing with his favorite person in the world-Grandpa Mike! He and my dad are so sweet together. The nice part about this was that Pete and I were able to really enjoy all of the yummy food and wine!



MONDAY
Running up and down the hill with Daddy! Aren't they sweet together?! The best part is that I get to sit and take pictures and don't have to be the one running up and down the hill! This is one of Pres' new favorite activities.





We also went to the Walmart to do some shopping. I was gossiped about by two ladies who decided that I was "not your typical Walmart shopper" ie I was a bit too fancy for Walmart. I took some offense to this because they were judging me based on my clothes. Yes, I do like to dress nicely, but ladies I AM your typical Walmart shopper. I am middle class and like to be thrifty with my money. I do also shop at Publix, but if I am going to do a big shop, it's Walmart ALL the way...I also get my oil changed there and find all kinds of yummy smelling candles! It is such a generalization to assume that everyone that shops there is poor. Let's face it, most people who are poor can't afford Walmart. Let me get off of this subject because I could go on and on...I can't stand when you judge people by what they "appear" to be! Here's a pic of my outfit that day. Let me point out a few things:

1. I live in FLORIDA! Sundresses are par for the course.
2. I got this dress on sale at Marshalls for $24.99.
3. My hair is done because my cute hubby was home with me all day (look at him, do you blame me?!).







TUESDAY

Dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. A little naked swimming always is a good time! Pres had fun with Daddy, but he was on lookout mode for Grandpa Mike!






WEDNESDAY
The best excuse for an early nap I've ever seen! Look at those tired eyes!


THURSDAY
This is a fun activity to do with the little ones. We took cheap shaving cream and bought some crayola sidewalk paint. You add a little sidewalk paint to a bowl of shaving cream and then have fun. We all had a blast painting each other and the ground. The best part is the clean up is a breeze...just turn on the hose and rinse!








FRIDAY

The following pictures are from what I am referring to as "POOP GATE". I knew Pres was pooping, and I went to get a diaper and some wipes. I came out to find his pants and diaper pulled just slightly down, and poo on his hands, the ottoman, and the tv consule! Yuck! How on earth do you stop that one?! I made it so that he can't take off his diaper, and now the big stinker has found a new way to get his poo all over the house, he'll just stick his hand right on down IN his diaper. It might be funny later on, but not today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a very busy week! It looks like you guys had so much fun with the sidewalk paint. Thanks so much for the stroller and carseat, its going to come in real handy!!!

Anonymous said...

The sidewalk paint looks like fun! I'm sorry, but the poo thing made me laugh. They all go through a stage like that. At least he's creative...right?!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I find the humor in the poo story, but only cause it's not happening to me!

Pres is the cutest little thing I've ever seen. If he was mine, I would be kissing him all day!

My husband refuses to shop at Walmart. He says it's for, well....I won't say. But I shop there! He won't let me buy my clothes from there anymore, but he says it's ok if I get groceries and toiletries and such. I try to be as thrifty as possible since we have a family of five. I grew up poor, so I think I am more aware of money and spending and deals. My husband acts like he has as much money as Donald Trump. And he feels he should have as much too. ;)

You are one hot mama! I wish I had a dress like that. If I went to our local Walmart like that, people would definitely stare and make remarks. But hey, if you're in Florida---you go girl!

Your dad looks so young! That's really special that Pres and him have such a bond. I wish my dad lived closer.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

aww, how cute. sounds like you had a great week, :).

April Elizabeth said...

Julie-you should see some of the women in my Walmart...they are dressed to the nines with Louis Vuitton in tow! Even in my BSF meetings, the ladies are just crazy fancy, it must be the area or something. I swear playgroups are fashion shows!

My dad is young, he's not yet 50. He'll get a kick out of you saying that though!

Chrissy-anything for you! Love you!

Keitha-you just wait until you have your won "poop gate"!

Jackie-thank you! The computer is fixed!

nikki said...

Congratulations on baby number two!

Love nikki