Monday, February 23, 2009

Not an update yet but...

check this out. My friend Nikki that I've blogged about before (remember...can't wait for my awesome baby announcements?!) is also a talented clothes designer. She designs for the company Justice which is a part of Limited Too. If you have a little girl you have probably seen the clothes or have had to buy them. They are super cute! Well anyways, Nikki was flipping through the tv one night and spotted Ellie in a commercial with Jennifer Aniston for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Ellie was wearing one of Nikki's designs and the little girl's story touched her heart. She wanted to do something for Ellie, so here is a copy of the email and video that Nikki just sent me. It was so sweet and I am really proud that I have so many extraordinary people in my life! (I am also adding Nikkis' disclaimer because she is just too cute!)


A little story about a girl named Ellie Bouchard. Ellie is a survivor from a life threatening brain tumor, you can check out her story here...

Ellie's Story

After Ellie was diagnosed with the type of brain cancer she had, her parents decided to take her to St. Jude's to finish up her treatment, which consisted of intense chemotherapy. And not only did Ellie survive, but throughout the whole thing she kept a great attitude, was always happy and had a smile on her face for the doctors. And because of her great attitude, St. Judes picked her to be their spokesperson this year.

Jennifer Aniston is a huge supporter of St. Judes and she stared in a commercial with Ellie, which was featured on Access Hollywood and that is when I discovered Ellie. I saw her on Access Hollywood and Larry King and she was wearing a t-shirt I designed. I feel in love with her attitude and spirit. After all she had been through at 6 years old and she was full of hope and happiness and she just had a great spirit about her and I wanted to do something for her. So when I got to work the next day I contacted our Design Director and asked her if we could do a little something for her, because the girl obviously loved our store.

So the Design Director contacted our Director of Internal Communications, Keriake Lucas(our PR person) and she took it to another level. I was just expecting to send her a gift card with a sweet note to let her know she is in our prayers, but Keriake had a different vision. So instead we took a team picture, I designed a card and the whole design team signed it wishing her well(about 30 people), also me and another girl went to Justice and picked out 3 outfits a piece for Ellie and her sister Emma. Then we mailed all of that together and I included a personal note on how much she has inspired me. Just when I thought it was all done, Keriake came to me and told me she wanted to do a small inspirational video featuring Ellie and show it during Justice's National Sales Meeting that they hold every year. Its a meeting for all of the Regional, District and Store Managers and with all the layoffs we have all been through Keri thought this would be a great piece to inspire the managers and to show that what we do can make a difference in people's lives. And within that video she interviewed me and asked me numerous questions about Ellie and how she has inspired me and what a difference one person can make in someones lives. So without further ado here is that video...

Video

P.S. I am adding a disclaimer that the camera man had a bad shot of me. He was a short guy and I was sitting on a stool obviously higher than him. That is all I have to say....

Love you all!!



I just cried after the video! What an amazing little girl and how wonderful to know that one person really can make a difference.

I have lots to catch up on and I will soon. I have pictures from my visitors last week and my birthday. I am finally functioning again after a nasty, nasty cold that had me feverish and loopy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love this story? I am so proud of my sis! What a sweet little girl! I better get this on my blog before I look like a bad sister;)

Anonymous said...

thank you for your support April, its much appreciated. I am sorry that you were horribly sick. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends as you. I hope all is well in Alabama! Preston is adorable. Hugs and kisses xoxo

Nikki

Anonymous said...

This is just so sweet! What an awesome thing to do for a little girl...clothes! Don't we all love them?! That little girl has amazing strength!