Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quick Update

Last week flew by so fast! I can't believe that it is already February. I want to give my sister Lynne and Miss "L" some birthday shout outs! My sister turned 28 on Monday and Miss "L" turned 4!

Not too much going on around here. Pete's still in his bubble and we are really enjoying having him home from lunch time on! It's nice to have someone play with Pres after he is pumped from his nap.

I am trying to pick out a new dining room set and am amazed with how difficult it's been. Who knew that you could find 50 tables with ugly pineapples and trees carved into them but forget about finding a simple table with clean lines that has a matching hutch and buffet! Really...it could be where I am shopping...excess seems to be the design theme here in good 'ole Alabama. I much prefer a little boring. It is after all going to be a table to entertain our friends, their kids and our kids. Anything elaborate would ultimately end up with crayon on it!

The pregnancy is going well. I have been SUPER tired lately and have found myself taking afternoon naps. This is a rare thing for me and I wake up feeling like I've wasted the day. I've also found myself enjoying the wonders of my baby resting on my sciatica! All I can say about that is "OUCH!" Luckily it goes away as quickly as it comes so I'll hurt for a couple of days, Ashlyn will finally move position and then I can relax until she goes right back to the same spot! Pete has been wonderful about back and knee rubs during these periods and I am so thankful to have him home with me! (Any suggestions from you other mom's that have been pregnant about how to help with the pain, I am ALL ears!)

Pres is now talking up a storm and comes up with the funniest things. I still can not get over him coming into the room and saying, "Hi momma". It literally melts my heart every time. His favorite saying right now is, "I'm okay". He says it anytime he falls, slips, or drops something so we hear it all day long.

I need to wrap this up and get dressed. Our friend Mark graduated today from WOC school and we are off to his house to celebrate with his family. They have two little girls and Pres loves playing with the oldest who is 2.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its good your taking naps. I had to take some myself when I was pregnant. Thats your body telling you to slow down and refuel your battery. Hope you had fun at the party!

Anonymous said...

Naps are good! Take them while you can, there won't be too many opportunities with two little ones! You should get Preston talking on video!

Anonymous said...

Aw....isn't Pres's ability to talk so heartwarming?! I bet he seems like a big boy now, with a new baby on the way.
Enjoy the naps as much as you can. Your body is telling you it needs rest and if you can sneak in a nap--take it! Household duties are very loyal; they will always be there waiting for you!