Friday, April 24, 2009

OB Update

Yesterday was yet another check up with the OB. I was able to get a little redemption from my last visit. You see, every time the cardiologist increases my meds, I spend about a week swelling up like a balloon. I have explained this side effect again and again to my OB but each and every time I just get a look. A look that says, "suuuure...you are just a fat pig." It is super annoying and I have finally reached a point where they can just kiss my swollen Macy's balloon tushy! Anyways...I digress...so I go to the check up yesterday and surprise surprise I have actually lost weight from my last visit. My OB looks at me and says that I must be having some issues with swelling. In my head all kinds of sarcastic and mean things are going on so I just looked at him and said nothing. His response was that I was sitting there looking at him like he was an alien (I am such a terrible liar that even when I say nothing, my face gives it all away!). At that statement I again said nothing. I just couldn't for the life of me think of something nice to say. I think all of this time stuck at home is really beginning to get to me! I did manage to change the subject and was so proud of myself for finally just letting him know how aggravated I am that he and my cardiologist seem to have some sort of pissing contest as to who's time is more valuable. Seriously can't they just put ego aside and finally come up with a delivery plan for me or what?! (They can't decide on a date to meet and the cardiologist did not like the date the OB picked out and it goes on and on!) Luckily for me, my OB agreed that they needed to put their information together. Hopefully something will finally come from that, but if not, I will just have to keep being bold with these doctors.

I'll end this post as well with some pictures of Pres.

The first one is for Gramma Susan. I want for her to see all of Pres' curls.


The next one is of us having fun with shaving cream. My mom is here to help out right now and we played in the back yard. Please ignore my swollen feet and face!



6 comments:

Keitha said...

Cute maternity dress! It's nice that they don't make just big ole tents for the preggo's anymore! I love the curls!

chrissy said...

You guys looked like you were having lots of fun!! See you in two weeks!

Jackie in Denver, :D said...

You all look so cute. Glad your mom is there to help, :D. Preston sure has curls, is that something Pete has?

Katie said...

I cannot believe all his curls! Precious! And as if being pregnant isn't bad enough- to have to swell even more from meds, you poor thing. But you look great in the pic in the blue dress!

Katie said...

April! You look great! Seriously. What a cute, blue dress!

Katie said...

PS_ I meant to leave this comment on the more recent post as I already commented on this one, but owell. Double the confirmation, right? ;)