Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The question about a baby shower...

After I just got what feels like my millionth question about whether or not I am having a baby shower, I am just going to answer it here so everyone can know and quit asking me. I feel terrible having to disappoint but I am NOT having a baby shower. I'm sorry because I know some of you were hoping, but I just have no desire to do it again. I did it with my pregnancy with Preston and had a very nice one. I loved my fancy tea and all of the elaborate decorations (really people you outdid yourselves!); however, I did not like having everyone staring at me as I opened presents-not my idea of a good time. This time around I am being really stubborn (and selfish) and just don't want to do it. I'm sorry. I don't really enjoy baby showers much as I'm just not a big baby person...GASP...I know...what is wrong with me?! HA! I love children and enjoy being a mother more than anything, but I still would not classify myself as a baby person.

So there you have it, the whole ugly truth. Besides all of that, I really have everything that I need and with the economy the way it is I just don't feel right about asking people to spend their money.

If after all of this, you still must send something then be practical. Diapers (we use pampers), wipes, and onesies are always used.

4 comments:

Jackie in Denver, :D said...

do you still want the clothes we talked about?

chrissy said...

Does this mean I have to cancel the suprise baby shower?????

April Elizabeth said...

Ha ha ha Chrissy...not even funny!

Katie said...

I talked my friends out of a shower and into just having a girls lunch for this same reason- I hate being stared at and all that pressure...