Thursday, May 22, 2008

Motherhood Battle Wounds

Last night, Pres, Pete and I were all playing on the bed. Preston LOVES to do this. He'll just lay back and roll from one side of the bed to the other. He gets a little crazy sometimes and will roll, sit up, and lay down without any thought of where he's at or what he's doing. As a result, I spend a lot of time dodging his head as he flings it back with reckless abandonment! Last night I didn't move fast enough and he nailed me right in the mouth. It caused two of my teeth to go right into my lip. Yuck! Luckily it didn't hurt and Pete was home to grab Pres so I could attend to myself. I think Pete is more traumatized than I was. He was so worried and kept telling me "I can't stand to see you bleed." Sweet hubby! The result of this is that I have a nasty cut in my lip and lips so swollen, they could be Angelina Jolie's!!!! I am having to drink through a straw!!! I can't get my fat lips over the lid of a glass. This morning I woke up pretty sore, but all things considered, I have had minimal pain.

As my little guy becomes a bigger guy, I am sure this will happen more and more. Pres goes into everything he does 100%. There is no in between for him. I admire his spirit and will gladly endure some battle wounds to have him keep his gusto!!!

If any of you reading this have had similar experiences, please share. I'm curious to know what I have to look forward to!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have it in the mouth, but..
when Travis and I first got Ravan back, I was holding Ravan and he yanked an earring out of the top right cartilidge out of my ear. It really hurt. I couldn't get that earring out for over a year. It hurt and bled ALOT but after awhile it felt really good to get it out. :D

April Elizabeth said...

Jackie-OUCH! That sounds painful. How old was Ravan?

Anonymous said...

Hey, April
He was only 2. But it hurt like you wouldn't believe. I had so much dry skin and blood that was stuck on the back of my ear. It felt good to have it out, but hurt like you wouldn't believe.