Sunday, July 27, 2008

Grandpa's and rules...

For some reason, my dad who was the biggest rule setter when I was growing up has become the grandpa who has no rules. He tells me with a big smirk on his face that Pres can't break the rules if there aren't any...makes me want to give him a big 'ole smack in that smirky face...yep! Anyways, because of this, Pres LOVES going to Nana's and Grampy's house to play. What kid wouldn't. You can go wherever you want, get whatever you want, and do whatever you want with a simple grump. Pres is still learning all of his power, but he's a fast learner! I tell you all of this to explain the video I'm going to put up-just in case any of you are wondering why my son is naked in a pool with his grandpa who has his regular clothes on. Yep...all Pres has to do is grump in the direction of the pool and my dad heads out there is whatever he is wearing and promptly puts Pres in the pool in whatever he is wearing. Luckily for me, my apparent nagging has hit home a little-my dad now knows that he should at least take Pres' clothes off before he puts him in the pool (the fact that there are swim diapers and a bating suit is useless). Here you go...also take note of the Nana's voice in the background...she's just as bad!






Here are a couple of pics of that day as well. Mainly because I think they are too cute together (despite ignoring my rules!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

as I have often heard, grandparents are supposed to spoil their grandkids. We have the rules, the grandparents have the fun. I guess its what we get to look forward to when the kids have kids, :D. Payback, isn't it grand, ;)

April Elizabeth said...

LOL Jackie!!!! It's nice that he gets to have it. I didn't have grandparents so I am over the moon that Pres has both sets involved in his life. Sue and Dick just sent 152 pictures on a CD from the last visit they were here!!!! Crazy Dick with his camera!

Anonymous said...

My grandpa spoiled me rotten! That's awesome that your parents are there for your little guy!

Anonymous said...

It is so great being Prestons grandma!!!!!I look forward to many years of paybacks as Jackie said>

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, in a few months I will be right with you! Our little one will be spoiled rotten. He is already being spoiled by his aunt and uncle.....wonder who that is???

April Elizabeth said...

O-K Chrissy...I have EVERY right to spoil little Lawson! It's not every day a gal gets a new beautiful baby to have fun with!!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

awwww, that is too cool. and special!

Katie said...

Aw, cutie pie! I think he's ready to start swimming, April! Madalyn did at that age, have you thought about lessons? I just took Jack to Lake Brantley and he is swimming now!

he is so cute!!