Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas has finally come to the Alabama Deans!

So...we are back and have had terrible weather here in New Brockton. It has rained and rained for days and there have been such strong wind gusts that there are trees over all around here. My backyard looks like a marsh but...we finally are beginning to look a little like Christmas! My parents came back up with me for a day and helped to decorate and hang lights outside (thank you Dad!). It looks so pretty even with the rain and some minor wind damage to my poinsettias from the stupid storms. Here are some pics of what Christmas looks like at our house.

First off, here's what my backyard looks like...YUCK!




This is the smashed part of the fence from the tree falling into it! It's hard to see the tree, but I think you can get the idea!





This is the outside of the house. I took this quickly between the downpours we've been having.




This is my front porch. It is my favorite part. Thank you to my dad again for putting together the rocking chairs for me and making sure it looked good not once, but twice after the wind last night ripped apart all of his hard work from the day before.



Finally...the piece de la resistance...my tree!!!! BIG thanks to my mom for making all of the bows for me!






Here's a quick pic of Pres. I was trying to get him in the Christmas tree ones but he kept running away and giggling! He's such a silly goose. I caught him mid run in this pic!



I should probably share why he is without his pants because it is funny. While I was taking a picture of the marshland aka our backyard, he decided to go running around in the mud!

Here's our stockings. One for me, Pete, Pres, and the Bean.






Last but certainly not least, the reason we celebrate the season. Here's my manger scene. I absolutely love it!




That's all for now. I should be doing my homework, but will have to get to that when Pres is sleeping. On Sunday I get to see Pete for church! I can't wait and am going to try and sneak some pics of him.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice home coming huh! At least its done. We had a pretty big limb fall on the room but no real damage. I love all of your christmas stuff!

Anonymous said...

I love the rocking chairs! It seems so southern to me. Merry Christmas to you too April!

Anonymous said...

You have such a lovely home! And what wonderful parents you have to come help you set things up!

I should've known the little guy would want to run through the "marsh". Ha ha ha ha....

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so nice!! I'm glad your parents were able to come and help. Can they come do my house now?

Grandma said...

Seeing your house makes me sad cos I miss you so much. Love mom

Kiss pres for me