Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie Making Party and a trip to see Daddy!

Sunday was a big day for Pres and I. We got to not only spend a few hours with Pete, but we had some new friends over to decorate cookies with us.

Pete is doing great and he looked fantastic. I forgot my camera so there's no pictures...but that's probably a good thing. Pete in his whole Class B uniform with his long black trench coat buckled up plus beret is too much to look at and not mock. Needless to say I didn't know whether to hug him or to raise my hand and "Hail, Hitler" at him. Pres was super excited to see his daddy and the whole visit went very well. The Wings Chapel had such a nice set up for us WOC families with cookies, drinks, and coffee. It was a wonderful time although I didn't do any listening to the sermon (sorry chaplain but you were not as important as talking to my hubby!)

After we left Pete we came home to get ready for our cookie party!

Here Pres is helping me make the cookies!



Look at these cute flour toes! I can't get over them!



Here he is tasting the dough. I think it was a hit.






Some of the finished product.



We had Santa Chef hats that the kids made and lots of yummy candy and icing to decorate the cookies.






These last pictures I got from Megan's blog! I didn't take any of Pres decorating and of the Santa hats! I hope you don't mind Megan. The little cutie under the hat is her daughter and let me tell you she REALLY makes me want to have a girl!!!! So sweet!

Here are the pics of Pres' finished cookies! He actually decorated them and had fun with the sprinkles. He took a bite out of each of his cookies before decorating them, but it was so cute to see him get involved in the activity!





Thank you to Megan and Jodie for sharing this with us plus all of the kiddos! It was tons of fun!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looked so fun!!! Wish we could have been there. Preston is getting so big! Time goes by so fast. Before you know it he will be in school. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Neat idea with the chef hats! Looking at all of those cookies makes me hungry!

Unknown said...

Wow! You weren't kidding about him being covered in flour LOL We had a great time :) Thanks for setting this up!