Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Tradition

This Friday before Pete came home I introduced Pres to a wonderful tradition we have here in the Dean household...Grandma Blanchard's annual cookie box! It is always filled with lots of yummy Christmas cookies but most importantly it has the creme De la creme of sweets...MAGIC BARS!!!! These hardly last long in our house and are something we look forward to every year. You see, Susan (Grandma Blanchard) sends us a personalized magic bar concoction. It is always with yummy different treats on top and always so good you can't stop at one!

Needless to say I waited about 2 seconds before I opened the box, carelessly put the other cookies on a tray and immediately opened the magic bars! Pres had been playing at his water table so he was already in his swim trunks (it was 78 degrees here) so I decided to grab two magic bars, go on the porch and introduce my son to this wonderful tradition of pigging out on Grandma Blanchard's cookies.

Here's the tentative taste...


Yep...liked his first bite...now he's run away from me to make sure that I don't take it away! He's waving at our mail woman and telling her "COO-KA" (cookie)


This might not look like anything, but as his mother I knew right away what he was thinking, let me interpret: "Can I put it ALL in my mouth?"


I knew the answer to that question as well...yes he can and he did!




After eating the whole half in two bites he came running at me full force for the other half I had in my hands. In his sugar high frenzy of grabbing for it, he smeared my camera with all kinds of sticky goo from the magic bar (and if he or I could have licked it off we probably would have LOL!). Look at his mouth!


Thank you Grandma Blanchard for the yummy cookies! Here's a picture of the cookies and the note attached. Just so you know, I thought they looked like pure gold!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my those look good!! Send those our way please!! We love grandma cookies, those are the best!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Those look good! How fun to receive a box like that!

benjity said...

YUMMY - so are they different every year or is the recipe secret?
I can share some of my snow with you - I have more than I need believe me!!
Miss you soo much and pray for you and appreciate your encouragement!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am all over any type of sweet bar! YUM!