Saturday, December 27, 2008

A good Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas here in Alabama. Pres woke up at about 4am and we brought him in bed with us. He slept in until 8:30am! I got up and made Pete his requested breakfast of biscuits and gravy or as he told my dad on the phone CANNED biscuits and PACKAGE gravy...guess who will be making his own breakfast from now on...yup that's right...PETE...the same guy who won't be living down that conversation for many years to come!

Despite the canned biscuits (which by the way were Pillsbury grands) the morning was tons of fun. Pres didn't quite get the whole concept yet and was so excited with the first toy that he opened that he walked away with it and played with it for hours! Pete and I had to open the rest of his gifts for him and show him his new toys. He responded to each one with a "wow!" and was so excited for them all that Pete and I felt like the best parents in the world. Pete wrote me funny messages on all of my presents so I had the best time reading them all. I love that my hubby knows that the cute little sayings mean more to me than some silly bow!

In all, it was such a nice and relaxing day followed by a yummy nontraditional homemade Thai dinner. (we can blame that one on the pregnancy!)

The new Bean was pretty active all day and responded with lots of somersaults at big brother's squeals and noises throughout the day!

I wish you all the same wonderful day that we had and hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years!!!!

Here are some pics from our day:

Making cookies with daddy. We couldn't let daddy miss out on the cookie making this year.






The gifts before they were all opened.




The first toy Pres opened. He was so excited with it that he wouldn't open any other presents!





His Thomas the Tank Engine bath kit was a huge hit! He loves that Thomas has water coming out of him now!




The spoils of all the gifts!



Our very yummy but nontraditional dinner!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You mean there is such thing as a non canned biscuit?? :| Im glad he was able to be home with yall for Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I can't wait until Asher is old enough to enjoy it, he slept through it this year. The food looked really yummy! That didn't look canned! lol!

Katie said...

So glad it was a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Egg rolls?! I'm impressed. I'm glad Pete was able to be home with you for the holidays!