Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fort Rucker Update #2

Pete has his orders, and he leaves for WOC school on November 24. He will get a two week break for Christmas, then graduate on Jan. 14. After that, he begins his flight training on Jan. 19th! Not too much time to get everything situated between the two, so we are trying to do it before.

Things are so crazy here. I am very stressed about settling things here and have been shocked with the things potential renters will say or even do. It's really disgusting and people should be ashamed of themselves. We thought we had a renter, but they are doing A LOT of back stepping right now. I'm about to hand in the towel and tell them forget it. I can't believe the requests and demands that people make. On one hand, I want to meet them because I don't want to be apart from Pete for 18 months. On the other hand, some things are just pushing it and I am reaching my bulls*#@ limit very quickly. We'll see how that goes. I'd like to ask you all to continue to pray that we find the right situation. Who knows...maybe we'll even get a miracle and be able to sell our home.

The Army has some assistance programs and I am in the process of getting together the information I need for them. They can help us with the sale of our home if we are having trouble. I'm not too sure if we qualify or not (probably not), but I will try and take advantage of every opportunity so that we can be together as a family.

Here's our Buyowner ad. http://www.buyowner.com/property.asp?code=orl26873

That's about all for now because I am at max capacity emotionally.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll all work out! Is Pete looking forward to his school?

April Elizabeth said...

He is looking forward to it. He's been training every morning. He's up at 4:30am to go to the gym! Crazy man.

Anonymous said...

We will be praying. I know everything will be just fine!

Anonymous said...

Hello April: I read your blog and I feel your frustrations. We are currently here in Enterprise while my other half attends flight school. We purchased a house at our last duty station - Fort Gordon, GA. I am a licensed Realtor in GA and AL and after crunching the numbers to sell, we were upside down. We rent the house (less than our mortgage). I look at the glass half full - we are only paying $300 vs $1200 to build equity (once the market turns around we can sell - hopefully at a profit). I learned from my first tenants the more you give the more they want and then they don't hold up on their end of the deal. We got desperate not knowing how we would manage a house payment and maintaing a household here. Eventually someone WILL rent or buy. Are you guys currently located near a military installation? You did a very nice job with the details on your ad for your home.

I would like to offer some advice on the marketing of your house. In your post you added the link to your house. Instead type "Apopka home for sale" or "Apopka for sale by owner" THEN hyperlink it. In your ad (byowner.com) you might want to add keywords such as: Apopka, the county, area schools, local beaches and anything else that names things local. This will help when people are searching real estate in your area. I have other ideas for you but I don't want to bog down your blog! You can email me and I can go more into details about marketing your home for sale or for rent. I would also like to send you a relocation packet for the
FT Rucker area. My email is: michelle@michellesellsalabama.com

Best of luck with the sale/rental of your home and your PCS move.

Michelle

April Elizabeth said...

It's certainly all in God's hands at this point Chris!

Anonymous said...

Hello April:

I posted a comment the other day, but I am not sure if it went through. I am a military spouse stationed here in Fort Rucker and I understand your frustration. I hope the relocation goes well. I checked out your site for your home and I have a few suggestions:
1. the link you provided in your blog post to your listing replace with "Apopka home for sale" or "Apopka for sale by owner"

2. You did a great job describing the home. Try to include key words such as: Apopka, your county, local schools, local beaches anything else local by name.

These two things will help your listing on the search engines for those searching local real estate in your area.

Another suggestion: if you are able, offer a buyer's agent commision. Afterwards, take your fliers (include Buyer's Agents Commision ___%) to local real estate office. Some agents might even have a FSBO owner section on their website that they would be willing to advertise your home.

I hope some of these tips help with selling your home. Best of luck. Michelle

April Elizabeth said...

Michelle,

Thanks for the tips! We have a realstate agent who is working with us now. He's trying to take advantage of the buyowner stuff and is using Craiglist as well. He is going to make sure that agents are aware that we are realtor friendly.

Besides that...do you like Fort Rucker???????

Michelle M Tucker said...

April: Well, I am from the North West (Seattle) so the lifestyle is somewhat a little slow for me. We recently came from Fort Gordon so I am adjusted to the weather. There are three cities/towns that surround FT Rucker - Enterprise, Daleville and Ozark. Enterprise being the largest (they are getting a mall that is due to open in 2010). Dothan is where all the shopping is at (about 30 minutes). I keep myself busy with volunteer work, so "theres nothing to do" is not part of my vocab. When will you guys be heading this way? Let me know if you need anything. I can send you some maps and stuff from the ACS if you would like. ACS recently put there relocation information and phone book on a CD. Best of luck trying to sell you home and your relocation.