Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF

**UPDATE for Jackie in Denver** My sister left her camera at her bf's house, I should have them on Wednesday!!!


We have a new tradition here at the Dean household. We have (insert the trumpet sound) da da daaaaa "Soccer Extravaganza Fridays"! My nephew is playing soccer now in this league and he has games every Friday. Last week was tons of fun and Pres happily played and giggled his way through our first game day. He only tried to run to his cousin once on the field, but in his defense, Dyer did try and run to us off the field once as well!

I made a picnic last week and am doing the same this week. It is so much fun to have all of the families together and eat and have a good laugh as the 6 & 7 year olds try and learn the game. We are quite the blended bunch with my sister, her ex-husband with his new wife, my parents, her ex's parents plus me, Pete and Pres! I enjoy all of them very much. They are just a great group of people and I am proud to be apart of them!

Last week Dyer scored a goal and I hope for the same this week! I didn't bring my camera last time because I didn't have high hopes for Pres lasting the entire time, but this week I am camera ready! I'll add pics in here tomorrow from our fun time!

Off to the smell of sweaty kids, dirt, and freshly cut grass...life is good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have lots and lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is quite the blended, extended family!

Anonymous said...

That must be really fun for your nephew.

Anonymous said...

where are the pictures, its Sunday night and nothing from you yet, ;)

April Elizabeth said...

LOL Jackie! My batteries died, but my sister took a tone of pics! I am waiting on her to send them. I'll send her a note this morning b/c they were really cute!

Anonymous said...

:::taps finger next to laptop:: I am still waiting, ;). sorry, April, I can't help it, I am a dork! Its why everyone says they love me so much, :D.