Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just a typical Wednesday...cat first aid and a mohawk

Not everyone's typical Wednesday...but it's becoming normal to me! It started off with me finding blood spots on my floor as I was sweeping this morning.
Now I know they look small, but we've had this happen before so I knew right away what it was. You see Pete and I have two "special" cats. They were considered unadoptable from the shelter where we got them (I volunteered there for a bit) and us being young, without children, and big softies, we couldn't resist. The cats both have some medical stuff which really just translates into expensive with a capital "E". Macy Gray...the gray cat...yes...original...has this skin condition caused by...drum roll please *tap, tap, tap* stress. Yes, did you even know that an animal can have emotional problems?! We didn't, but apparently it's true. Apparently the stress of trying to get outside, then trying to get back in is just too much for her fragile emotional state and she has broken out in this big, disgusting ulcer. Now, you are probably thinking we are crazy and just so you know, I think that as well. Needless to say-and don't worry I didn't take any pics of the actual gross mess-she has been picking at it and making it bleed all over my house. In an effort to save the inevitable $330 is costs for the vet to cover her wound...I am just going to do it myself. We'll see if it works, but the whole process was pretty easy, just lock myself in the bathroom with her and her little spirit is broken...after that, clean, medicate, and wrap just like I do Pres and Pete! She's none to happy with me now, but it had to be done! Here's the final product, what do you think?!





















After the whole production of taking care of the cat, Pres decided to play in the toilet water (he was "helping" me fix the cat). His hair got all wet and ended up looking like a little Mohawk. I decided to "seize the day", added a little gel to it and VOILA! Instant big boy hair! I took some in black and white because I thought his hair looked like Fonzie's from Happy Days!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! The cat ones are hilarious...your cat looks really irritated with you!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Macy!!!