Friday, August 29, 2008

Fort Rucker update

As typical with the military, Pete got a call from his Colonel asking him if he would go to Warrant Officer School (WOC) in November. Pete said "Yes", so he should be getting his orders next month. We are not sure what this means for flight school. It could move it up a month or not move it at all. Either way, we have five weeks from when he starts WOC until he finishes. Looks like Pres and I will be without our main man for Thanksgiving, but we will get to have him for Christmas!!!! Keep us in your prayers. Now the pressure is really on to get everything settled here!

I've found a wonderful rental site for homes if we want to live off post. We are going back and forth on the whole thing and can't seem to make up our minds. I'm leaning toward off, and Pete is leaning toward on (it means a shorter commute for him, so I think he is biased!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the pic of Preston as my wallpaper on my laptop, :D

April Elizabeth said...

That's so sweet! We are trying to find the perfect pic to send Gramma Fran of him.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get everything settled you need to April!

Anonymous said...

Did you see the latest photo of her from Jay? She looks so frail and skinny? I miss her soo much.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I pray everything goes well. Can't wait for Christmas!!

Unknown said...

We are off post and LOVE it so far! But then hubby doesnt actually start working until Oct so Im not sure how the commute will be but without traffic it takes about 30 min for him to get there.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything comes together well and that the time passes by quickly while your hubby is gone!